Navbar

Image Map

Pages-hidden

Monday 10 November 2014

Bonjour, Paris. Hej, Ikea.

So I haven't written a post in a long, long time, but I have my excuses- I MOVED TO PARIS!

The city of lights welcomed me at the end of August and since then a lot has happened that I can't wait to share with you all. BUT FIRST, some practicalities.

Whenever I move, the first place I try and locate is an Ikea. I've come to realise that for some people, Ikea is like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it. But if I could, I would move in to one of their little show-homes and live happily ever after. Time and time again, they have saved me from spending a tonne of money on furnishing 'home', which is fantastic when I know I will only be in a certain place for a short-ish amount of time. 

Besides, after living in Sweden back in 2012, I feel a little nostalgic and heaps of excitement when there- especially for the meatballs!! 

Full on nostalga!!



When I first arrived in Paris, I asked a few people how best to get to Ikea, to which they all replied something along the lines of: "It's impossible without a car". Luckily for us, the Ikea at Thiais Village has caught onto this little problem, and now provides a free, yes, gratuite, service from the metro Denfert-Rochereau straight to the store in only 16 minutes!

 All you need to do is take this bus:




From this location:



At these times:



I wasn't sure if I believed that the bus would be as quick as it said, but it really was. And very popular. I've been a couple of times now and the bus has nearly always been full- so I recommend that you get there 10 minutes before the bus is due to leave. 

Now you can eat all the meatballs, crayfish and princess cake (my absolute favourite) that you like!

Sadly, only fries and no mash with the meatballs.



No comments:

Post a Comment