Navbar

Image Map

Pages-hidden

Friday 1 August 2014

Missing Italy.








Sometimes I just feel like I need to get away from England. My inner explorer speaks up and I'm like a bird, I fly to anywhere that takes my fancy. 


Last year I was lucky enough to find myself in a beautiful town called Lazise, on Lake Garda in Northern Italy. My flights were booked only days before I left, and I spent two months living with a wonderful family who were adamant to make me 'Italian' by the time I left. 


I ate heaps of pasta, partied with the locals and drank way more than my fair share of Prosecco. One of my favourite Italian finds was Aperol spritz, a drink which combines Prosecco (of course) and Aperol. A MUST TRY if you visit Italy.


The area was beautiful, the people were amazing and I miss the short time that I spent there.


If anybody is lucky enough to visit this beautiful area, I highly recommend an agriturismo called Ca Del Sol. The hotel is very chic and boutique, every room has been decorated differently. The hotel uses all home-grown and reared products as much as they can, and the staff are some of the most lively and welcoming people you could wish to meet. Even better, is that on the weekends the pool is used by some locals and the team BBQ, play music and even hire bands to entertain. Not the kind of atmosphere you would want to miss if you enjoy experiencing the local culture! 


The perfect mixture of peace and party.


No comments:

Post a Comment