Navbar

Image Map

Pages-hidden

Thursday 19 June 2014

That end of uni feeling.




So, the whole 'leaving-university-and-venturing-into-the-big-wide-world' feeling finally hit me.

I was sitting with two of my friends on the steps facing Marrakech Menara airport after a wonderful week away together (post to follow soon!). The last heat of the day was slowly fading, but people were still buzzing in and out of the airport doors. Families just starting their holidays together, couples with hand luggage visiting for a weekend getaway, business men and women being picked up and dropped off by unfazed locals in battered taxis. All of them with a purpose and somewhere to be.

Dis-similarly, I for the first time in what felt like forever, had nowhere to be or nothing to do. After years of plans and knowing what I was going to do, where I wanted or needed to be, I had nothing. I was completely free!

At first this was overwhelmingly scary; what was I actually going to do when I got home? What was I going to do over the next few months, let alone the next few years!? But as I thought about it more, it all became a lot more exciting. Yes, it was true that I had no idea what I wanted to do with my degree, what I wanted to achieve in my life, or even where I wanted to live, but my life from this point on was sure to be an adventure whilst I tried to discover the answer to these questions!

So for me, the creation of this blog has come at the perfect time. Up until now, although I would class myself as spontaneous and adventurous, I kind of always had a solid plan in place to back-up my travels and decisions. Now however, it's all a mystery, a huge, exciting mystery!

I invite you to join me whilst I make my journey, wherever it will take me.



No comments:

Post a Comment