Navbar

Image Map

Pages-hidden

Monday 23 June 2014

7 Day Juice Diet.

A few weeks ago I decided to try a 7 day juice diet. These have become very popular recently as a form of detox, and somewhat of a craze amongst image and health conscious celebrities. 

Detoxing, amongst other things helps you to:

- Remove toxins from the body
- Enhance immune system function
- Lose weight
- Slow premature aging
- Improve skin quality
- Increase energy

Foremost though, the popularity of juice diets revolves around their proven ability to help shift weight rather rapidly.

I was sold!

After initial reading into the diets, I found plans for 5, 7 and 14 days. 14 days without food seemed wayyyy too long for me to realistically withstand, as you will realise as this blog progresses, I. love. Food. 

7 days would have to do.

Breakfasts looked a little like this:


(carrot, apple, ginger)

Whilst lunch and dinner looked a little like this:

(kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, apples, lemon, ginger)

Not bad looking hey? Juices were coloured yellow, orange, red, green and purple. The vibrant colours even look healthy!!

At the end of the week (yes, I did endure) my skin definitely looked a little brighter and healthier, as promised. And despite not having eaten solids for 7 days, I was alert and didn't feel lethargic at all.

I didn't lose any weight though, not even a KG. After some more research, I've learnt that if your body is at its natural functioning weight, then you won't necessarily lose anything when juicing. This is something to take into account when deciding if juicing is for you, if your ultimate goal is weight-loss. My step-mum though, managed to lose 6 pounds, which is impressive in only 7 days compared to other diets I think!?

Over the next few posts, I'll share some of my favorite recipes and a little more information about juicing.



No comments:

Post a Comment